Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Mixed Berry Cobbler

I have decided to participate, at my leisure, in Friday Baking with Not Quite June Cleaver. One of this week's recipes was Mixed Berry Cobbler. I needed to take a dessert to a dinner and thought it would be a good choice. I hope she doesn't hold it against me that I didn't have EXACTLY the right ingredients. I live in the middle of nowhere, was short on time, had a naked toddler running around the house and an infant that was sleeping. Sometimes just getting something baked can be a feat in and of itself.

We really enjoyed the cobbler. I only had to make a change on the crust. I didn't have unsalted butter so I used salted butter and omitted the salt. It maybe could have used a little bit more salt than was in the butter. I didn't have heavy cream so I substituted milk. I'm sure it would have been better with the cream but it was still good. My crust stuck to the waxed paper so maybe I needed to refrigerate it for longer. I used frozen berries and it seemed like the crust got a little bit dark toward the end. I covered the edges with foil but I probably didn't catch it soon enough. Overall I thought it was delicious and easy. I would definitely make it again.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you!! It looks delicious! So happy you gave it a try and hey as one who lives in the middle of no where as well (maybe the edge of no where) I totally understand having to sub. Your name is in the jar! Welcome aboard!